How to Apply to Replace Your Green Card or renew your greencard.

If you are a permanent resident who needs to replace your green card or a conditional resident who needs to replace your two-year green card for any of the reasons listed below, you may begin the application process for a replacement green card by:

Either Online E-Filing Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card or
Filing a paper Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card by mail.

If you are outside the U.S. and have lost your green card, contact the nearest U.S. consulate, USCIS office or port of entry before attempting to file a Form I-90. If your Form I-90 application is approved, you will be mailed a replacement green card with a 10-year expiration date from the date it is issued.

When to Replace A Green Card

You will need to replace your green card if:

Your previous card was lost, stolen, mutilated or destroyed
Your card was issued to you before you were 14 and you have reached your 14th birthday (unless your card expires before your 16th birthday)
You have been a commuter and are now taking up actual residence in the United States
You have been a permanent resident residing in the United States and are now taking up commuter status
Your status has been automatically converted to permanent resident status (this includes Special Agricultural Worker applicants who are converting to permanent resident status)
You have a previous version of the alien registration card (e.g., USCIS Form AR-3, Form AR-103 or Form I-151 – all no longer valid to prove your immigration status) and must replace it with a current green card
Your card contains incorrect information
Your name or other biographic information on the card has been legally changed since you last received your card, or
You never received the previous card that was issued to you by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
How to Find Out the Status Of Your